Purpose of the OADD
The Bergen County Department of Health Services Office of Alcohol and Drug Dependency (OADD) is committed to the prevention and treatment of substance abuse.
Our staff is comprised of well-trained professionals who maintain a variety of credentials. Volunteers, both lay and professional, young, and seasoned are invited to contact our office at 201-634-2740 to learn more about what we do and ways to be of service in the field of substance abuse.
What We Do
- The OADD offers information and referral for Assessment, Outpatient Services and Intensive Outpatient Services. We also offer Bergen County residents Detoxification Services, Residential Treatment, Halfway House Services, and Self-Help Groups.
- We provide funding for a continuum of care for people with addictions, as well as their family and friends with a grant from the New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)
- We oversee the provision of treatment through the Addiction Recovery Program (ARP), Spring House Halfway House for Women and the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC).
- We support professional and community-wide training.
- We provide funding and technical assistance to Municipal Alliances who seek to prevent substance abuse with a grant from the Governor’s Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (GCADA)
- Downloadable brochure of our programs and services »
2017 LACADA Meeting Schedule
2017 CASS Meeting Schedule
2017 PACADA Meeting Schedule
| Hidden in Plain Sight
Interactive Awareness Event for Parents
Caretakers, Educators, and Community Members
Dynamic Presentation by Tim Shoemaker
Q&A with Experts in the Field
Tuesday April 25, 2017
Doors Open at 6:15pm
Westwood Regional Jr./Sr. High School
701 Ridgewood Road
Township of Washington, NJ 07676
|Free Narcan Training
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017