Totaling nearly 9,000 acres, Bergen County boasts an exceptional park system where residents can:
- 2016 Bergen County Parks Guide
- Map of County Park, Golf and Historic Properties
Please be advised that the draft master plan has been removed from the site for further review. A new draft will appear soon. Thank you for your cooperation.
Visit the Bergen County Home Page, Bergen County Twitter & Bergen CountyFacebook for up-to-date park events & closing information.
Tweets by @bergencountynj
The Bergen County Park System features:
- A nationally accredited zoo
- Five golf courses
- Twenty-one parks
- Two horseback riding areas
- An environmental center
- Nine historic sites
In addition, there are many passive areas for those seeking solitude
Hours & Rates
Information about hours, rates, directions, and permits may be obtained from the Bergen County Department of Parks by calling 201-336-PARK (7275).
Most parks open at 7:30 a.m., and close a half hour after sunset. Exceptions are made for lighted sporting areas, ice skating areas, overnight camping (permit required), for the Environmental Center Exhibit Hall, and for the Bergen County Zoological Park.
There are exceptions for these fee facilities:
- Campgaw Mountain Ski Center (http://www.skicampgaw.com/), Darlington Park (during the swim season): open at 10:00AM
- Bergen Equestrian Center and Saddle Ridge horseback riding facilities
- The Van Saun Park Railroad
- Millennium Carousel
- Pony rides
- Five golf courses:
- Orchard Hills
- Valley Brook
Filming in the Park
- Please contact - email@example.com
- Filming Forms & Instructions
Exploring Bergen County
From Shopping to Skiing, Hiking to Hotels, Bergen Has it All!
Explore Bergen County Today!
Smoking is prohibited at any playground, ball field, zoo, and any area where children congregate.